Bahia Folklore Dance Show with Dinner
The Bahia Folklore Company (Balé Folclórico da Bahia) is one of the most respected folklore dance troupes in the world. The company performs in the intimate Miguel Santana Theatre in the Pelourinho in a seamless presentation of the multiple African traditions that underpin Bahian culture.
how it works
After hotel pick and drive to the Pelourinho historical and then short walk the intimate Miguel Santana Theatre district where the the Balé Folclórico da Bahia Company performs a seamless presentation of the multiple African traditions that underpin Bahian culture. To contextualize the ensuing performance a detailed description is provided by your guide prior to the show, which features the following attractions:
- Dances of the Candomblé orixás (or deities)
- Puxada de rede, a song by fishermen in honor of Yemanjá, the goddess of the sea
- Maculelê, an acrobatic stick and sword dance with its origins in the cane fields
- Capoeira, the spectacular and exhilarating martial art/dance
- Samba de roda, the grande finale, the spinning, swirling version of this exuberant national dance.
Not available Tuesday, Sundays or holidays
what to see
Insight into African Bahian Culture
Exhilarating performance by Brazil´s leading Folklore Dance Troupe